Wednesday, June 3, 2009

500 Words or Less

I’m keeping this entry short, and am imposing a word limit on myself for that purpose. Go!

I just ordered a new MacBook, really excited. My aunt works for Apple and she scored me a discount. Say what you will about Apple and their products, it’s better than the cruddy Dell laptop I have now.

I’ve spent most of the last week working in my mom’s office, getting paid to stuff envelopes. The pay is pretty good, especially for such a simple task, but eight hours a day of this business is enough to drive anyone batty. Fortunately the daughter of one of the doctors in the practice is also on the job, and she’s good company. Turns out she went to my high school, and she was a freshman during my senior year. We’ve had some pretty crazy reminiscences about ol’ Godwin—can’t say I’m nostalgic for that place.

In a couple of days I am taking the train up to DC to visit my friend Jessica for the weekend, which is sure to be fun. I had an epiphany earlier this evening to go see a Nationals game while I’m there, and it turns out she was thinking the same thing! Looks like we’ve got some baseball in our futures. I’m looking forward to checking out their ballpark. I’ve been to Shea Stadium, Chase Field (née Bank One Ballpark), Coors Field, and Jacobs Field, so it’ll be cool to see how the Nats’ house measures up.

I’m still riding the high of flimflamming Brookstone out of $30. I won’t disclose the details, lest Brookstone cops are patrolling my blog, and in actuality no real flimflamming occurred, but the manner in which things went down made it feel kinda like what I imagine a big-time bank heist feels like. (If you think this entire paragraph is just an inside joke for myself, you’re probably right. All I can offer is my use of the word “flimflamming,” now three times in one paragraph.)

A pretty crazy set of thunderstorms just rolled through Richmond a little while ago. Our TV (digital cable, mind you) was cutting in and out a lot, and the whole time my mom, my brother and I were scouring our house to find one of our cats. Turns out he was hanging out under my mom’s bed the whole time. Go figure. In the meantime, I had fun with my cat Daisy, throwing an empty thing of Mentos Gum around for her to chase and bat at with her paw. Ah, the simple pleasures of life.

(Looks like I’m coming in under my limit. Less on my mind this time, I guess. But just you wait…..)

1 comment: